FOLLOW ME :)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge


Hey everyone!

I haven't written in a few days because I have had a busy weekend - very sorry! I am a part of the cheerleader ambassador squad for one of the most AMAZING NFL teams EVER (yes, I am very biased), so I've been running around all weekend. But that does not mean that I didn't have time to pick up the recently-discussed (by the beautiful Aleksis) Sonia Kashuk's Blending Sponge ($9.99 in Target)!

Let me tell you - I have never used sponges, EVER! Why? They absorb way too much product, which is wasteful. Sponges tend to rub the product off rather than the opposite, if not used correctly (and I definitely did not use them correctly the one or two times that I attempted). But this one is AMAZING - effective at blending the product in perfectly, which results in a smooth airbrushed finish.

For the past three days, I've used this sponge to blend my concealer and tinted moisturizer (this can/should be used with foundation also). I use the patting motion with the pointy end under my eyes and around my nose until the products look completely blended. I use the flat bottom side of the sponge to blend in the rest (cheeks, forehead, etc). I am not left with uneven patches or flakes, which even brushes can't always 100% eliminate. Final result: clean, airbrushed look.

Once again, the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge can be found in Target for only $9.99. Please check out Aleksis's blog for more information about the similar, but more expensive sponge that you can purchase at Sephora: http://aleksislovesbeauty.blogspot.com/2008/12/beautyblender-is-now-at-sephora.html I have not tried that one, but I'm sure its a very good product. However, I am happy with Sonia Kashuk's sponge, which is cheaper, so if you are interested but don't want to spend too much $$, go for this one!
Let me know what you think please! :-)
Coming up soon
-Looks of the day: everyday, red lips
-Skin Care
Please let me know what else you'd be interested in reading...
Thank you!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have to wet this sponge before you use it so you get the airbrushed look?? Just curious. I'm always up for new ways to put my foundation on, especailly if you get the "airbrushed" look. Who doesn't like that look?

Yelena said...

Hey! No, you don't have to wet the sponge. I don't at least! I'll try to wet it next time just to see if there is a difference, but it should be good dry.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the sponge! I'm interested in a haircare post if you're up to it :)

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering because I watched an infomerical on the beauty blender and she soaked it in water and then squeezed it out really good and then applied foundation, so I was just wondering if there was a difference in doing that or not. I'm like you, I've NEVER used a sponge at all, so this is all new, but I'm very interested in it.

Anonymous said...

oh yes! i already saw aleksis's post and i was thinking of getting the sonia one just to give it a go. im not a fan of sponges. but im definitely inspired to go for it now!

as for a request.. i'd like to know whats your favorita mascara and why :)

xoxo

Yelena said...

Natalie - thank you for the request. I will be sure to do a haircare post soon! I'll have to upload some photos first.

Nikkiga1530 - I have not seen that infomercial, but that's so interesting! Thank you for letting me know. I will give it a try and do a follow up post :-)

Sarai - Awesome! Give it a try and let me know your thoughts. Oooo I am a huge fan and probably critic of mascara so I'll do a post for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Boo, no luck for me today at 2 Target's. No sponge, all sold out. Guess I may have to see what Ebay has :(

Alexandra said...

Yay! I'm so happy you love it. It would make a really cute gift...:) I'll def. have to give it a go now!

Yelena said...

nikkiga1530 - oh bummer! Well, Target should probably restock soon, otherwise you can order online :-)

Aleksis - Thanks to you!!