I hope everyone is having very Happy Holidays! I am looking forward to reading all of your reviews on new products that you have probably received during the past week :-).
And now to the topic of the day: Mascara
Mascara is my Holy Grail product, hands down! The amazing effects that this product creates go beyond everything else. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to the effects of mascara. Mine are as follows:
- Lots of Volume (prefer no clumps, but they don't bother me too much)
- Lengthen Lengthen Lengthen
- Curl (but I rely on the Shu Uemura curler for that)
So the products that I love and use the most are:
1) MAC Zoom Lash
- Pros: Intense drama, volumizes, lengthens, lifts
- Cons: Won't give you a natural look if that's what you like, does not dry too quickly once applied
2) L'Oreal Voluminous
- Pros: Lots of volume, dark and defined lashes
- Cons: Even though this mascara comes with a curved brush, I have trouble achieving a curled lash look with this product. My lashes get weighed down. However, the intense volume is a payoff enough.
3) L'Oreal Telescopic
- Pros: Defined lashes, volumizes, lengthens significantly
- Cons: I end up layering this mascara over another one...I'm not sure how dramatic in volume this mascara is by itself.
4) Maybelline Lash Stylist
- Pros: Defines EVERY lash, major volume, lengthens, a comb brush
- Cons: Can clump just a little once the tube becomes older; otherwise, perfect!
5) Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara
- Pros: No clumps, each lash is defined, lengthens, volumizes, lifts
- Cons: N/A
6) L'Oreal Lash Out
- Pros: Defines every lash, lengthens significantly
- Cons: Not too much volume, so I use a volumizing mascara over top.
I tried to be as critical as possible with all of these, but I love them all. I could not choose the "best" one out of the 6, because that varries from day to day. Sometimes I use one mascara at a time; other times I pair two up (never more than two though). As I've mentioned before, I love dramatic eyelashes, and that's exactly the achieved effect with the help of the 6 mascaras I've reviewed.
I would love to hear about your favorite mascaras.