FOLLOW ME :)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Haul!

Hey!

I wanted to share my MAC and Sally Beauty Supply Haul with you.


Blush
*Peaches - very subtle peach - pretty! Good for skin that has yellow undertones.

*Pink Swoon - warm baby pink. Kim Kardashian has been known for wearing this blush. This gorgeous blush can look pretty on any skin color.

Mascara/Brows
*Zoom Lash Mascara - I love it! Made my lashes thick and long, yet not too heavy. I am a huge fan of L'Oreal Mascaras, such as Telescopic and Voluminous, but this one is now added to the favorites list. I am all about huge lashes.

*Prep and Prime (Mascara) - I haven't used a mascara primer in a while, and thought I'd give it a try. I tried it today and absolutely do not feel sorry for buying it. I will use it every day! Do any of you wear prep and prime?

*Brow Set Gel (in Beguile) - Have never been a huge consumer of brow gels because my eyebrows are pretty thin as it is, but I bought this gel to try it out, to see if I'd get an even cleaner brow look. I'm wearing it today and I like it!

Brush
#134 - LOVE IT!! So here is a little story for you. A few weeks ago I went to MAC to buy this brush, but when I came home, I realized that the MUA gave (sold) me #136 instead, which is similar to #134 but much thinner. The following day I returned to MAC, and said that I wished to make an exchange for #134. Somehow I was talked out of it...I was told that #134 was too big and I wouldn't like it. That day, I went back home with the original #136 and learned how to love it. But my love for it did not grow at the fastest rate, and #134 was still on my mind. So yesterday I followed my heart and bought this brush, and I LOVE IT completely! This is a must have brush for bronzers! It sculpts your face perfectly!



And then this happened:

I was recommended by my very amazing friend, who knows all about haircare, to purchase this shampoo and conditioner. I bought this at Sally Beauty Supply for only $4 each, and this is 100% generic of Paul Mitchell brand. The ingredients are EXACTLY the same, the smell is the same, the effect is identical. I used it today and my hair is so soft and shiny!! You should try!


4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Awesome haul, I love everything...$4 each?! WOW, I gotta try that! I've been looking for a good shampoo and conditoner for my hair. They look like really big bottles too! Your M.A.C. haul is making me excited for mine. =) The brush sounds great!

Yelena said...

Aleksis - thank you! Definitely go to Sally Beauty Supply and get these amazing generics. Tehy are 16 FL.OZ, so yes, big enough!
And you know how fun MAC can be :-)

emilynoel83 said...

I've heard some good things about the generic stuff at sally's- I've been wanting to try Matrix Amplify and I think they have that in the generic line. glad yours is working for you!

Yelena said...

Emilynoel83 - thank you for the comment! I've had a very good experience with the generic Paul Mitchell Shampoo 1 and Detangler at Sally's, but I have heard mixed reviews on some other generics. Definitely give it a try and let me know your experience!